Last Forum PostsLast Forum Post RSS Feed
Join Us On Facebook
Crowd Pay - To Keep Ads Away

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Keepers of the Circle Forum Index -> The Notice Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Edam Neadenil
Guardian of Light

re: EE 11.6 Blog released

These are the Preliminary Release Notes for Early Enrollment v11.6. We deployed a Final Candidate for 11.6 to the Test Server on Monday, February 13.

What Is In This Release

This release adds Siege Engines and Siege Camps, which can be placed like Holdings and Outposts in the hexes surrounding a settlement in order to damage the settlement and ultimately take it over. The recipes to craft the Siege Engines and Camps are available as loot drops, and they’re available in both Tier 2 (Professional’s) and Tier 3 (Master’s) versions.
There are also a few other changes, including a significant increase in the encumbrance values for more advanced mules and some changes to the odds for various escalations to launch. In particular, Gathering of Legends can now have up to two instances running at the same time, though because that particular escalation tends to get taken down so quickly, there will probably usually be just one running at a time. However, it should appear about twice as often as it did before.

Full Release Notes

Buildings:
  • Siege Engines and Siege Camps can be crafted, placed and upgraded like Holdings and Outposts. They are available in both Tier 2 (Professional’s) and Tier 3 (Master’s) versions.
  • Like standard Holdings, Siege Engines require Bulk Resources to remain active. Like standard Outposts, Siege Camps require Influence to remain active. However, Siege Camps do not produce Bulk Resources, so the Siege Engines will have to be stocked manually.
  • Siege Engine and Camp Kits are fairly heavy (75 encumbrance each). Any character can carry and place them, but even one kit will slow down a character without significant encumbrance bonuses.
  • Master’s Siege Engines and Camps are guarded by new Elite Guards.
  • Holdings at higher upgrades (+3, +4 and +5) use slightly less Bulk Resources than before for daily upkeep.
  • The recipes for Siege Engines and Camps drop from mob kills as part of the standard loot drop algorithm.

Escalations:
  • Gathering of Legends, Mercenary Raid, Skeletal Uprising and Skull-Basher Ogres launch slightly more often than before.
  • Bonedancers, Broken Men, Goblin Ghouls and Ripping Chains launch slightly less often than before.
  • Mordant Spire event Superior Review launches just 1 encounter.
  • Fixed some typos in a few boss event descriptions.

Mules: Encumbrance abilities start out a tiny bit higher and ramp up much faster. The best mules can now carry almost seven times as much as they could before.
Bob 
One change from our original plans that you'll see in the release notes is that the Siege Engine/Camp Kits don't actually require a mule, though they are pretty heavy and you'll generally want to use a mule or two when carrying multiple kits.

We can easily enough create items with a high enough encumbrance value to require a mule, but characters have to be able to move right after activating the kits to get into the proper position for placing them. As a compromise, we selected roughly the highest encumbrance that allows a new character to just barely keep moving. A character with maximum encumbrance bonuses can carry multiple kits without too much trouble, but since you need to place a total of 18 kits to start a siege, the choice is either using lots of characters, lots of runs, or at least one mule.

Bob 
I'll be running a bunch of test cases on Zog over the next couple days, then I'll start scheduling some times for folks to get some experience points and achievements added to their characters, hand out any desired equipment, and to participate in a siege. Meanwhile, if anyone needs access to the Test Server, or needs some stuff dropped off in one of the settlement vaults, just send a request to customer.support@goblinworks.com.
Edam Neadenil
Guardian of Light

Post from Bob:

On Zog, Goblinville will be sieging Wolfdale starting this weekend. For those who'd like to join in, I'll be scheduling some times when I'll be on to give people experience points, achievements, items and anything else they need to get some characters ready to participate. My suggestion would be to figure out roughly what achievements and items you'd need to get a character into roughly the same fighting shape as your own character on Live. I'll give you plenty of experience and money to purchase whatever feats you need, and teleport you around to the needed trainers.

The first session will be today at 7 PM Pacific. I'll be on for at least 30 minutes, longer if folks need me to be on longer. Afterward I'll schedule a couple times to be on for Friday as well. If the scheduled times don't work for you and you need to arrange a specific time, particularly if there's a time when a group of you know you can all be on together, send email to customer.support@goblinworks.com and we'll figure something out.

Edam Neadenil
Guardian of Light

Latest update from Bob:

Last night's assault on Goblinville's Siege Engine was a complete success. The guards offered just about the right level of resistance for a Master's Siege Engine +0, and would have nicely supplemented any defending players. The Siege Engine ultimately fell to Wolfdale's defenders and is now under their control.

With that, we've tested out everything I've got planned for testing and the update has passed with flying colors, so there aren't any more scheduled tests for now. Next steps are to finish up the written settlement warfare rules and schedule the rollout. I'll keep you all posted as we proceed.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Keepers of the Circle Forum Index -> The Notice Board All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum