Post new topic   Reply to topic    Keepers of the Circle Forum Index -> Welcome & General Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
In_digo
Initiate

re: New Player

Hey everyone,

I just had my application approved and I'm wondering what my next steps should be to get connected in-game.

Here's a copy/paste of my initial post on the PFO forum:

I'm a KS backer who just recently decided to activate my account, so I've got over a year's worth of time (nice smile ). I've read a bunch of the material and updates so I'm aware of the current place the game is in. I have experience with a few other mmos, but I haven't had time to play anything really in the last year. Is there anyone recruiting? I rolled the pretty typical rogue/light melee DPS type but also have plans to roll a cleric of some sorts.

Also have roleplaying experience in a variety of settings if that helps. Including Golarion settings.

I won't have tons of time on my hands until after mid April, because of classes, but this summer I won't be anywhere near as busy.

Edam Neadenil
Guardian of Light

Hi welcome to Keepers Pass.

The first thing to realise is that if people are online they are generally not standing around in settlement. Generally Keepers people will spend a short time crafting and banking at the vaults and then go out gathering or killing off escalations.  If no one i sin town that does not mean no one is on.

If you do see people in town you can tell if they belong to Keepers Pass by clicking on the character and hovering over the company name, this wil ltell you the settlement name.  You can chat to them by talking in local chat tab, settlement chat tab or whispering by typing "  /w charactername, message  ".

if no one is in town you can check our teamspeak though people often only go into teamspeak if there is something going on, or you can type in settlement and ask if anyone is in. If yo speak in general chat do not give too much information away about where you are and what you are doing as the whole server can see it.

As a new player there is much you can do to contribute including helping out on with lower level escalations and gathering basic materials like coal, hemp. wool that are always in huge demand.  In return we can supply you with most of your basic gear and any low level recipes/spells, manoeuvres you need.

What I suggest for now is type any specific questions you have as replies in this thread and we will try and answer your questions as soon as possible.

Wxcougar
Sentinel

Absolutely feel free to ask any questions. We have folks very knowledgeable in all areas of the game.

You will want to try and join one of our companies in game. Steel is in Defenders of the Pass company, and Wood is in Observers of the Pass company. 

To search for a company, you will need to click on the icon of a tower on the right (top left menus).  

Last edited by Wxcougar on Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:24 pm; edited 1 time in total

Welcome, good to have you aboard. I am in US. CDT time zone, and am in game for an hour or so most evenings. If you have questions, do not be afraid to ask. Someone here will be able to get you the information that you are looking for. I am also playing a rogue, and can help you with training questions. I will be honest, I wont have all the answers but if I can't get you the answers, I can point you in the right direction to find what you are looking for.

I look forward to chatting with you.

Yarus 

Edam Neadenil
Guardian of Light

I would also add the PM system in this forum is a very good way of contacting people.

NOTE:  This is a public thread visible by anyone that goes to this forum, including people that do not have a login and password.  Be circumspect.

BlackMoria
Guardian of Crystal

We have an number of rogue/light fighter types you can ask for help from.  Stacking 'Bleed' is the main thing in combat for rogues so you need to understand how to max bleed damage and they can help you in picking what you should focus on for developing your character.

If you need help with gaining weapon achievements, there is no faster way than partying up with a wizard using area spells.   We have a number of Wizards you will meet that can take you around blasting hordes of bandits which will give you weapon and subterfuge achievements.  A good hex to hunt in is the hex directly south then southwest of Keepers Pass (KP 4, 5) as that has 'starter' size mobs, usually bandits, which is good for new players.  You can jump off the cliff to access the low lands (there is no falling damage yet in the game) but you will need to come up the pass to get back to Keepers Pass.   Stay away from ogres for now.  As you will see, the highlands have tons of ogres so travel with care.

Hope to see you in game. My primary character is Gilthorian but I have a stable of 7 other characters.

Last edited by BlackMoria on Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:01 am; edited 1 time in total

Wxcougar
Sentinel

Questions about the game and build will be fine in this forum (the Welcome & General Chat). Specific Keepers questions or information would be good in the Keepers and Initiate forum below this forum. That one is private to Keepers.

Welcome to the game.  We normally have an adventure time Saturday evening (US time).  This is also a good time to get achievements and meet the group. Another good hex to hunt for beginners is the blue shield hex directly to the west (avoiding all of the ogres on the way) The blue hex has lower level creatures in it.  The game can be very complex when it comes to matching key words and getting the right material.   Pleas ask questions if you have them and look over some of the resources here. You will probably be crafting of some sort as well to help meet needed gates.  You will want a craft that supports your main focus.  Again, ask questions if you want some help.  Look forward to seeing you on line.

Radon of the Gawn Clan.

Keeper of the Wood
In_digo
Initiate

Hey sorry for taking my time responding, my free time is kind of sporadic until after my winter semester ends in April. I'm just going to read over all of you replies now before responding.

In_digo
Initiate

Awesome, Wxcougar thank you for the info on how to join the companies. I didn't know how that worked in PFO. I'm still trying to wrap my head around all the ways I train and build my character, but I'm still it'll become second nature with time. Also I'm definitely going to plan to jump on Saturday evening, now that I know that's a main playing time for the settlement. I might try to log in tonight too, after I've finished some work.

Wxcougar
Sentinel

No worries on being busy - we all run into that here and there :).

We'll be meeting about 6pm Pacific Time/9pm Eastern Time for Adventure Time this coming Saturday. I know I'll be available for this one. Some of us come in a bit earlier (some a bit later if RL comes up). Just type in Settlement Chat when you get in and we'll be sure to watch that channel. (The chat defaults to Local Chat which is chatting with people within your minimap, but you can also view General chat and whispers from that channel). You can also post in the shout box here on the webpage to let us know you are heading into game - just know that the shout box is public knowledge, so you don't necessarily want to advertise where you are for safety reasons. (Not that it is a big issue right now, but its good practice for when bandits are roaming about).

In_digo wrote:

Awesome, Wxcougar thank you for the info on how to join the companies. I didn't know how that worked in PFO. I'm still trying to wrap my head around all the ways I train and build my character, but I'm still it'll become second nature with time. Also I'm definitely going to plan to jump on Saturday evening, now that I know that's a main playing time for the settlement. I might try to log in tonight too, after I've finished some work.

Most Saturday evenings we get a good group together though obviously real life issues sometimes throw a spanner in the works and we only get a couple of people.

Are you working out of Thornkeep or have you moved down to Keepers Pass ?  Also is your in game character  called In_digo ?

Hüran_Ahman
Guardian of Steel

Just looked at the application - Leeko in game right?  Well met and welcome, like everyone has said give a shout in Settlement or ask in General if and 'Keepers' are on.

Looking forward to seeing you on Saturday.  If you have not already, look into downloading teamspeak - it will be helpful for Saturday activities.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Keepers of the Circle Forum Index -> Welcome & General Chat All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum